WHY VISIT BELARUS
Currently in full expansion, tourism in Belarus will enable you to discover a country with large parts as yet fairly untouched by human influence.
Deep forests inhabited by a profusion of wildlife, lakes, and rivers, nature is to be found everywhere in this country due to the small density of people.
Minsk, the Capital, has several museums and monuments representative of Soviet architecture, imposing and severe; the Republican Palace, the Theatre, Lake of Tears.
You could also visit the Chagall Museum at Vitesbsk as well as his childhood home.
The areas in the south, from which all human activity has just about disappeared since the Chernobyl disaster, therefore represents a huge and undisturbed nature reserve which can be a source of absolute pleasure in every way.
WHAT TO SEE IN BELARUS
Top destinations in Belarus are:
WHEN TO GO TO BELARUS
Weather in Belarus
The best period to visit Belarus is from June to October.
Following a list of typical festival and celebrations of Belarus
HOW TO REACH AND TRAVEL THROUGH BELARUS
by plane, the main airports are:
- Vitebsk Vostochny
GENERAL INFORMATION ON BELARUS
health tips & vaccination: Avoid drinking tap water and eating food products coming from the southeast of the country, areas which were extremely affected by the Chernobyl catastrophe. No vaccination needed.
local currency: Belarusian ruble
local time zone: GMT+2 (+3)
electricity: type C and type F (220 V – 50 Hz)
mobile phone operators:
WHAT TO DO IN BELARUS
typical food in Belarus
- Borshch (soup made with beetroot, served hot and with sour cream).
- Hribnoy sup (delicious mushroom and barley soup).
- Kotleta pokrestyansky (pork smothered in a mushroom sauce).
- Dracheny (a local tasty potato dish with mushrooms).
- Draniki (potato pancakes served with pickled berries).
- Mochanka (thick soup mixed with lard accompanied by hot pancakes).
- Vereshchaka (thick pork soup with beer or Kvas accompanied with buckwheat pancakes).
- Pyzy (potato dumplings in a form of knobs with meat mince).
- Kishka (sausage made of pork meat and potatoes).
- Lazanki (creamy triangle- or rectangle-shaped pasta eaten with pieces of fatty pork sausages, melted cheese or sour cream).
- Zrazy (rolled thin slices of beef, flavored with salt and pepper and stuffed with vegetables, mushrooms, eggs and potato.).
- Mazurka (roasted almond sponge cake).
souvenirs from Belarus
- Linen cloth and good
- Slutsk belts
- Straw figurines
- Cristal and glass items
- Wooden items
- Valenki, wool boots, or wool hats
- Vodka and liqueurs
Hello: добры дзень (dobry dzień)
Goodbye: да пабачэння (da pabačennia)
How are you?: Як вы? (Jak vy?)
Thank you: Дзякуй (Dziakuj)
What is your name?: Як цябе зваць? (Jak ciabie zvać?)
How much is it?: Колькі каштуе? (Koĺki kaštuje?)
Sorry: прабачце (prabačcie)